ASKME.Bar is an online community where anyone can get their desire solution for any technical problems by certified professionals. If anyone can join our expert panel then sign up our online community at forums.askme.bar

Author Topic: How to fix Error Stop 0x0000009F (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) on Windows 8?  (Read 607 times)

Hailey

• View Profile
Hey Guys…

I am facing blue screen issue with error message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

I am extremely amazed by watching this error because before 2 days I have updated my entire drivers successfully.

Because of this problem I am unable to perform any task on my computer which is quite irritating.

I am requesting to all of you please help me to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible.

Please help me…..

Technical Questions & Answers

PCTECH24AU

• View Profile
    • PCTECH24AU - Premium PC Support Service Provider Company
Hello Dear…

If you face blue screen error with the message Stop 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, then you can try using remedies here to resolve the issue.

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error has a value of error code 0x0000009F which indicates that the driver is in an invalid or inconsistent power state. This problem most probably is caused by the incompatibility between your computer’s power management and one or more installed drivers.

To fix the issue, you can try updating the drivers:

The Network Card, the Video Card and the Wireless Card drivers could most probably be the reason. If you are not ensure which driver you require to update, you can try updating these three driver apps and see if the problem resolves.

After updating all drivers, if the issue still persists, you can try solutions given below:

1 - Roll Back Drivers: If the error encounters after you install new drivers, then you can try restoring the drivers to their previous version.

•   Just go to Device Manager and then expand the category for locating the device with problematic drivers.
•   Now right-click on the device name and tap Properties.
•   In Driver tab, tap Roll Back Drivers button and then follow on-screen instructions for rolling back the driver.
•   Now reboot your system to make the change take effect.

2- Remove Problematic Software: If the error encounters after a recent software installation, then remove the software app and see if the issue resolves.

•   Just go to Programs and Features.
•   Now uninstall the software.
•   After that, reboot your PC.

3- Disconnect Peripherals from your system: If the issue occurs after you connect a device like (printer, camera, scanner, etc.) to the PC, try disconnecting the device and verify if the problem resolves.

•   Just turn off your PC.
•   Now remove the device.
•   Turn on the PC again.

4- Now Repair Problematic System Files: The error would arise if some system files are corrupted or damaged. Follow enumerated steps given below to try repairing problematic system files. For running the command below, you just need to login as administrator.

•   Hit Win+R (Windows and R keys at the same time).
•   Now type cmd in the run box and tap OK button.
•   Now type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. After verification 100% completes, then the scan will be completed and you will get message if your computer has problematic files and if they can be resolved.

5 - Reinstall Windows: The final solution is to just reinstall the Windows. Don’t forget to back up your files before your reinstall the system.

After performing all these steps if you face the issue again and unable to fix this issue then click on the link given below to get technical support for Windows 8.

We are providing technical support for Windows 8 and all other operating systems like Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP and Mac. We have an expert team of experienced and adroit technicians who can help you instantly to fix your issue.

I hope you will fix your issue by performing the steps mentioned above or you can visit our website to get instant technical support for Windows 8.

Technical Questions & Answers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Legal Disclaimer: All registered trademarks belong to their respective owners. The use or mention of any trade name, product name, or trademark in this website is in no way intended to suggest that the trademark owner is at all affiliated with or endorses this site.

Terms & Condition | Privacy Policy