Author Topic: How to Fix Error “3048,3” Displays on my Norton Antivirus?  (Read 1911 times)

Alvin

• View Profile
How to Fix Error “3048,3” Displays on my Norton Antivirus?
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:04:43 AM »
Hello All…

I left my computer just over half an hour and when I came back, I saw an error 3048,3 message on my PC’s middle of the screen.

I didn't do anything because I was completely unaware about this issue. When I watched in the history page, it would display that live update “didn't complete successfully”.

I am not from technical background and this issue is out of my range to understand and fix so that if anyone knows the effective remedy in order to fix this problem then please let me know.

Please help me as soon as possible…

Technical Questions & Answers - forums.askme.bar

How to Fix Error “3048,3” Displays on my Norton Antivirus?
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:04:43 AM »

PCTECH24

• View Profile
    • PCTECH24 - Online Computer Repair Service Provider Company
Re: How to Fix Error “3048,3” Displays on my Norton Antivirus?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:07:39 AM »
Hello Alvin…

The steps given below to fix the error “3048, 3”, are for the current version of the Norton antivirus program. If you have an older version of Norton product then update it first, and after that follow the instructions below:

•   Restart your computer:

-   Exit entire programs.
-   Now restart your computer.
-   If the problem persists, then go to the next step.

•   Run LiveUpdate:

-   Start your Norton antivirus program.
-   Under the main window, tap Security, and then tap LiveUpdate.
-   When Norton LiveUpdate is completed, tap OK.
-   Now run LiveUpdate until you watch the message, "Your Norton product has the latest security updates."
-   Now exit all the programs, and restart the PC.
-   If the problem persists, just go to the next step.

•   Update your virus descriptions:

-   Just go to the Intelligent Updater downloads page.
-   According to your version of Windows OS, perform one of the following:
-   For Windows OS (64-bit): Just go to the 64-bit Platforms section, and tap the first file in the list under the Filename. The file name begins with the year and ends with v5i64.exe. e.g. 20090922-017-v5i64.exe.
-   For the Windows OS (32-bit): Tap the first file in the list under the Filename. The file name begins with the year and ends with v5i32.exe. e.g. 20070828-017-v5i32.exe.
-   Now save the file to the Windows desktop.
-   Now on the desktop, just double-click the file that you saved.
-   Now follow the on-screen instructions for installing the virus definitions by using Intelligent Updater.
-   If the problem persists, then your system may be infected. We suggest that you download and run Norton Power Eraser for checking if your PC is infected by a threat. Move to the next step.

•   Download and run the Norton Power Eraser:

-   Download the Norton Power Eraser software app.
-   Tap Save.
-   Choose the location as Desktop, and then tap Save.
-   To run Norton Power Eraser, just double-tap the NPE.exe file.
-   If the User Account Control window asks, tap Yes or Continue.
-   Now read the license agreement, and tap Accept.
-   Under the Norton Power Eraser window, tap the Scan for Risks icon.
-   By default, the Norton Power Eraser does a Rootkit scan and needs a system restart. When you see a message to restart the PC, tap Restart. And if you don’t want to comprise the Rootkit scan, just go to Settings, and uncheck the option combine Rootkit scan (needs a system restart).
-   Now wait for the scan to finish.
-   Now exit all the programs, and restart your computer.

After performing all these remedies if you face the issue again and unable to fix the problem then click on the link given below to get technical support for Norton antivirus.

We are providing technical support for Norton antivirus and all other antivirus programs like McAfee, AVG, Avast, Kaspersky, Webroot, Bitdefender, Avira, Eset and many more. We have an expert team of experienced and skilled technicians who can help you instantly to fix your problem.

I hope you will fix your issue by performing the steps mentioned above or you can visit our website to get instant technical support for Norton antivirus.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:25:24 AM by Admin »

Technical Questions & Answers - forums.askme.bar

Re: How to Fix Error “3048,3” Displays on my Norton Antivirus?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:07:39 AM »